Having a Ksrtc bus pass (Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation) is the best way to travel in Karnataka state.
Whether you are a college student or a Full-Time traveller, a ksrtc bus pass helps you spend a limited fare for any trip.
For a regular passenger in a Karnataka state to benefit from this bus, or if you’re travelling just for a day, you can still save your money from KSRTC daily bus pass.
In states like Karnataka, people use public bus transport more to do their daily jobs. Ksrtc daily bus pass is valid till midnight, and You can take n number of busses from a single pass.
Types of KSRTC Bus Pass
The Karnataka state government issues five types of bus passes for the state citizens.
Monthly Bus Passes
The passenger will get a massive concession on KSRTC monthly bus pass.
The passenger can be like school, college students, employees, workers etc. travelling daily from source to destination.
In 2022, the government of Karnataka had improved its bus facilities all over the bus station.
Now people can create a bus pass either by visiting the nearest bus stop or by applying through an online portal.
Passengers travelling through these powers must have a valid identity card issued by the state government.
You can create an identity card from the KSRTC department, which is valid for one year for just ₹ 50.
These passes are valid for only for a month or 30 days. After that, you have to renew your previous pass again.
Express Monthly Bus Pass
The passenger travelling using Express bus pass is allowed to travel in both regular bus service and premium bus service. Express bus passes are quite expensive as compared to the ordinary pass.
Ordinary Bus Pass
A passenger having an ordinary bus pass is only allowed to travel in regular bus service. Regular buses don’t have in-build AC features in it. The cost of an ordinary monthly bus pass is relatively less than an express pass.
City Service Pass
People Travelling back and forth from the city or within the city have to pay some extra fare. The state government also provides special concessions for senior citizens.
The city service pass varies as per pass type like:
- City services
- City and Suburban services
- Volvo services
- BC Road / Bantwal / Pane
Ksrtc Daily Bus Passes
Today most of the people of Karnataka are unaware of Daily bus pass. They prefer to buy a ticket whenever they want to travel on the bus but having a daily pass is more effective than buying a ticket.
Let’s take an example; when you buy your ticket, you can travel from source to destination only. But when you have a daily bus pass, you can travel from several buses within a single day. You only have to pay for a single pass for an entire day.
You can get four different types of daily pass depending upon the region you are travelling to.
The people who are travelling within Mysore city can get a daily pass between 60 to 170.
The people travelling from nearby towns to Bengaluru can create express or ordinary bus passes ranging from 120 to 185.
Similarly, people travelling to Mysore city from a nearby place can get a daily bus pass ranging from 70 to 125. For detail you can refer to below screenshot:
Concession to Senior Citizens
As per the latest Hindustan Times report, The Chief Minister of Karnataka B.S Yediyurappa announced a 25% concession for senior citizens using Ksrtc Bus pass.
Many states in India are already working on this scheme and try to make it more favourable. Some cities also have wheelchairs or special seats at a low height for senior citizens.
In coming years a more number of features will be going to add in the Ksrtc bus service.
To get 25% concession, the person should follow the below points:
- The age of male should be above 60 years, and they can use any bus services operating within a state.
- Hard or soft copy of valid identity card issued by the government of India.
- A person should contain a residence of Karnataka state only.
- Females above 55 years of age can get senior citizen concessions.
Passes to Physically Challenged Persons:
There is a particular concession for the physically challenged person by the government of Karnataka. The person should be a resident of Karnataka State, and the details are:
The physically challenged person has to pay only Rs.660 for a year to use the ksrtc bus pass.
KSRTC physically challenged bus pass is issued to the person who has a disability of 40%.
Through this bus pass, the person can only travel within the hundred kilometres of distance from their residence.
The person can take any services like the city, suburban or ordinary, express under KSRTC, BMTC, any KRTC and NWKRTC buses.
Passes For Blind Person:
The chief minister of Karnataka B.S.Yeddyurappa issued a free travel allowance for a fully blind person within a Karnataka region.
This pass is issued only to a person having 100% blind deficiency and allowed to travel within the state.
This bus pass is valid for only five years, and a special reserved seat is available for blind people.
List of the Documents Required for Bus pass
Getting a bus pass, you must have the following list of documents. All the documents are in a scanned copy in JPEG/PDF format.
The size of the documents is not exceeding 500KB. All the documents are clear; otherwise, the department will reject your application form.
- A valid confirmation letter from the Educational Institution. Educational institutions can be Government or Private.
- Students other than general category must have an original Caste Certificate.
- Update Adhaar card Scan Copy.
- The Date of Birth on an aadhaar card should be in DD/MM/YYYY format.
- Two Latest colour passport size photos.
- One address proof, apart from aadhaar card.
- Self-attested Ksrtc bus passes application form.
- Receipt of fees paid to institutions should have a complete student name with a registration number.
Note: To renew the Ksrtc bus pass, you must have an old bus pass.
How to apply for Ksrtc Bus Pass Online Application
Ksrtc bus passes are affordable, and one should get it to save a few amounts on daily travel. Students having this pass only use it on school days. Student KSRTC bus passes are not valid on holiday and after school or college hours.
The people using this pass to commute their work and senior citizens can use it even for a holiday.
In 2022, the government has improved the various ways to apply for Ksrtc bus pass. Some of them are
Ksrtc Bus Pass Online Application
- Firstly, you have to enter serviceonline.gov.in or visit the official website.
- Enter your email address and OTP to successfully login into Service Plus Portal.
- There you have to click on Apply for services from the left sidebar menu option.
- Next Click on View all available services.
- Now, you have to search for the KSRTC bus pass in the search box.
- From the list of service names, click on Issue of Student Bus Pass – KSRTC.
- After that, an online application form for a bus pass will appear.
- Enter your personal details in the form and click on the Submit button.
- A new web page will appear where you have to submit documents mentioned above and click on the Save Annexure button.
- At Last, a preview window will appear where you can check all the details mentioned by you are correct or not.
- Finally, click on the submit button.
How to Download Appointment Letter
Now you will get an Acknowledgement letter with complete details including your personal information, application date, types of document submission and payment information.
You have two options at the bottom of the acknowledgement letter whether you want to print the letter or Export to pdf.
When you click on Export to Pdf there, you will get an option to convert your acknowledgement letter into pdf format.
After that, you can download it on your device.
Alternatively, you will also get this confirmation letter on your registered email address, which is already available in pdf format.
How To Check Ksrtc Bus Pass Status
It is straightforward to check the status of your KSRTC bus pass application form. The only thing you need is your application number. Now you have to follow below steps:
- Enter Seva sindhu.karnataka.gov.in or visit the official website.
- At the bottom of the homepage, you will see your application status option.
- In the below field, you have to enter your application number and click on the search icon.
- A pop-up window will appear where you can see your application status.
Another way to track your applications is:
- You have to click on track your application status option from the menu bar on the official website.
- It will redirect you to a new webpage where you can see several options like
- Through application reference number
- Through OTP/application details
- You will get both the options to keep a track on your application. Next, you have to enter your reference number.
- Select your either application submission date or application delivery date.
- Now you have to clear the word verification by entering the character shown above in the box.
- At last, you have to click on the submit button.
- In the next window, you will see your application status in detail.