If you are a citizen of Bangalore then you must know the BMTC services. Today I am just going to share how you can make BMTC monthly pass. There are various types of BMTC passes available for the people of Bangalore city.
BMTC Monthly Pass Details
The Bmtc Monthly Bus pass in Bangalore are of different types such as blackboard pass, senior citizen, red board pass, Pushpak pass, vajra pass. These are the basic monthly pass available for the people of Bangalore. We are going to discuss all bus pass in details regarding the price, eligibility to make a pass and all the other aspect.
If you are from Bangalore or if you travel a lot in Bangalore then this bus pass will be a good option for you.
Using this you can travel a lot or even you can travel unlimited in Bangalore for one calendar month that is one month or 30 days. This pass is will purchase or generate on every first week of the month and there is a number of monthly passes available for different types of buses and the prices also vary according to the services.
Ordinary monthly pass
This is the pass which is only available for the buses who is mentioned on the blackboard. Where the number of buses comes under this pass is from number (1 to 199). Which is valid for almost a month and it is not valid for Pushpak, c, d, g, k, etc and the cost for BMTC ordinary pass is 725 rupee.
Non-AC monthly pass
You can avail the service of non AC buses in Bangalore using this pass. In this pass, a person can travel in a non-ac bus for a month which is mentioned in blackboard and for all Pushpak buses for a month. This pass is valid for all the buses except Volvo or MarcoPolo. This non AC monthly pass is also known as Pushpak pass or Red board pass and cost for this is rupee 925.
AC monthly pass
If you want to travel in AC buses then this pass is going option for you. This pass is generally used for the Volvo buses and it is also known as Volvo pass. Using this pass you can also travel in non AC buses and the price of Volvo monthly pass is rupee 1050 for a month and it is divided into three types of passes that are:
- Volvo monthly pass with BMTC ID: Cost is 2250
- Volvo monthly pass with government ID: Cost is 2300
- Student Volvo monthly pass: Cost is 1500
Vajra Monthly pass
This is the most expensive pass of BMTC. That is the only reason you can also call it as king of Bus passes. If you have a gold pass then you can travel unlimited in any of the buses run within Bangalore city including Volvo, Marcopolo, ordinary, Pushpak.
The Cost of vajra pass is 3350 which is valid for 1 month and this pass is further divide into two different passes like
- AC passes
- Non AC buses.
Bmtc monthly pass issue dates
The Bus pass that is created through online mode is processed very fast. All the documents required for a monthly pass are upload during the application form submission. Once the application form is submitted, a confirmation message is receive on your registered mobile number.
You can see the Bmtc monthly pass issue date in the message, along with the appointment date and time. These passes are valid for only 30 days, which helps to use bus service across the state on a selected route.
Your pass is only valid for using the service from the source to destination stops mentioned in your bus pass. If you want to travel on a different route, you have to pay for the extra way.
Documents required for a pass
List of documents that are mandatory for making bmtc pass are listed below:
- Address Proof.
- Identity Proof.
- Institutional Fee receipt.
- Recent Passport size Photograph.
- Previous bus pass (In case of Bmtc Bus Pass Renewal And Appointment Process)
How To Apply For Bus Pass Online
If you want to apply for BMTC monthly Pass online then and you have to just follow some of the basic steps which are mention below:
- You have to open the play store in your device and search for Chalo app or click here.
- Once you have open the Chalo App
- Now you have to just go through with all the basic details and login into your app.
- After this, you have to just search for your region or area and there you see a different type of passes.
- After you have to enter your mobile number
- Then you have to select the pass from the options like below:
- Senior citizen
- Next, you have to choose a Starting date and click next.
- Now you have to enter details like name, date of birth, gender etc.
- Upload documents like Aadhar card or any identity proof document.
- Finally, you have to click on proceed to make the payment.
- You will get an option that is you can buy online or by cash
- After that, you will get a QR code on your mobile which is your latest monthly pass.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is a concession for the student’s bus pass to use the service within the specific route.
Cost of vajra pass is 3350
monthly pass with BMTC ID: Cost is 2250
Volvo monthly pass with government ID: Cost is 2300
Student Volvo monthly pass: Cost is 1500
Pushpak pass: 925
Bus Passes is actually a popular alternative for Bangalore senior citizens travelling on public transport. There are some facilities available for senior citizens like wheelchair & support on the reserved bus seats. Senior citizen monthly bus pass is available at the nearest BMTC bus depot.
HOPE YOU LIKE THE ABOVE POST FOR MORE YOU CAN COMMENT BELOW OR CONNECT WITH US THROUGH THE CONTACT FORM.